- Aug. 10 – TeamKID relaunch at 5:55 p.m.
- Aug. 13 – Wallace Mobile Free Healthcare Clinic, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Aug. 16-18 – Weekend in the Woods (City View U)
- Aug. 19-21 – R3 DiscipleNow Weekend
- Sep. 1 – Young at Heart
- Sep. 25 – Homecoming 90
We recently received the following gifts:
- a $50 donation from the Winsome Sunday School Class in memory of Vickie Peoples
- an anonymous donation of $50
Christie, the party host is preparing tasty threats for you. So if you are able to attend please sign-up at the iCare Table
In the meantime, you may look at the products and order online at https://pamperedchef.com/go/CityView.
We recently received a donation of $20. Donations are appreciated to help us support our ministries and can be sent to City View Baptist Church, 2311 Fine Ave., Knoxville, TN 37917.
Our church will celebrate its 90th anniversary with a wonderful Homecoming on September 25. One element of that celebration will be a new cookbook combining the old red and blue cookbooks with new recipes. So please submit your new recipes to Tina P. in writing at the Church Office.
A Prayer for Help from People Who See Troubling Times in Their Land
You have made the earth tremble;
You have broken it;
Heal its breaches, for it is shaking.
You have shown Your people hard things;
You have made us drink the wine of confusion.
You have given a banner to those who fear You,
That it may be displayed because of the truth.
That Your beloved may be delivered,
Save with Your right hand, and hear me.
Once again, we will be partnering with the wonderful doctors and staff of Wallace Mobile Healthcare to spread the Gospel and meet healthcare concerns for people in our community. The Clinic will be Saturday, August 9, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
How you can help:
- Pray – begin praying for this event today.
- Volunteer – sign-up at the iCare Table and complete the online application (new…this helps with liability).
- Advertise – tell others about the Healthcare Clinic.
- Donate for Clinic Toiletry Baggies (see instructions to left)
Clinic Details and Services Provided:
• Basic medical exams and check ups
• Screening for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol
• Free mammogram vouchers
• OB ultrasound exams
• Non-prescription reading glasses
• Medication assistance
• Flu Shots
• Dental Extractions – limit 20 patients (First come, first served)
We recently received the following gifts, totaling $300:
• A donation from Richard C. in honor of Blanche C.
• A donation from L.V. & Mary P. in memory of Trula A.
I want to thank you for your constant encouragement and prayers. I also want to thank you for making it possible for my family and me to go away on vacation. We will miss you; we always do. Yet, we know that you are in wonderful hands. God bless!
– Pastor Luckey & Family