- Sept. 11: Deacon Ordination
- Sept. 16-18: Weekend in the Woods (City View U)
- Sept. 19: Women’s Bible Study Begins
- Sept. 22: City View U Bible Study Begins
- Sept. 25: Homecoming 90
- Sept. 26: Women’s Bible Study
- Sept. 27: Men’s Breakfast
- Sept. 29: City View U Bible Study
Peter’s purpose in writing . . .
- He writes to _________________ his readers for being spiritually mature. They are established in the truth of the Gospel.
- He also writes eagerly and urgently to _________________ his readers to remember and engage these truths diligently.
Question: Why? Why so eager and urgent and diligent?
- Because he is nearing the end of his journey
- Because of false teaching
- Because we forget easily
The evidence in question
Evidence 1: The ______________________ account (16-18)
Evidence 2: The _______-_______________ Word (19-21)
Bottom Line: Since Scripture is trustworthy, we must eagerly, urgently and diligently study it, living accordingly.
Our church along with many other churches in Knoxville responded to the plea for help. Our local Baptist churches collected enough supplies to fill two tractor-trailers. And still the need is great. If you would still like to help, bring your things, and we will get them to the KCAB office.
This week, we received a donation in honor of James M. from Lisa and Howard B.
At 3 p.m. on August 28, City View worshipped with New Mt. Calvary Baptist Church in their new location, 2409 Magnolia Ave. We joined with them to celebrate 131 years of life and ministry to King Jesus.
Directions: From Cherry St, turn right on E. Magnolia Ave. Drive 1½ blocks; the church is on the right just past Knoxville Baptist Tabernacle, next door to the Knox Co Education Association. If you get to Spruce St, you have gone too far.
Slow-moving storms dumped a record rainfall on South Louisiana, claiming at least three lives and displacing 7,000 people. Tennessee Baptist and Southern Baptist from all over are responding with Disaster Relief volunteers.
We are being called on to help. We can help by…
- Praying for families and workers
- Giving – particularly baby items (use the iCare Table)
- Signing-up to take the Disaster Relief training
We received the following gifts in memory of Vickie Peoples:
- A donation from Pamela & James B.
- A donation from Sandra G.
- A donation from Wallace P.